You definitely want to be successful. You want to achieve your dreams and do the things that are beyond your imagination.
However, what if you knew that success has its ups and downs? Here is a presentation reminds us of what we all face as we embark on the journey of success.
Success does have its up and downs. This does not mean that you should not be successful or crave for excellence but as you have seen in this presentation, success really can be a double edged sword.
The Ups of Success
1. Success Gives You Comfort and Pleasure. There is a big smile on your face when you have accomplished a goal, a dream and you made a big picture a reality.
2. Success Makes You A Hero. Think about the times that you have saved someone from a difficult situation. Think about all the people you inspire making their life so easy.
3. You Get A Huge Audience. People love to hang around you because you have made a difference. You have set a legacy. They want to follow you.
4. Success Makes You an Icon and Celeberity. You are so Famous
5. There is an association between Success and Authority. You are an expert. You have built credibility.
The Downs of Success
1. Too Much Success Can Make You Egocentric. You have finally reached the peak of excellence. You have so filled your cup that you don’t need to empty it anymore. You have reached a stage where no advice is good enough for you.
2. You Are Under Pressure. Now that you are so successful, you need to maintain this success. You are trapped in the cycle of always being right. You can’t afford to make mistakes because it took you a lot of time to build your reputation and one mistake can ruin everything
3. You don’t Have a Life. No time for fun or Relaxation. There is so much to be done and so many goals to achieve.
4. You Can’t be Wrong. You have to be right all the time. There is no room for mistakes. After all, you are an expert.
So do you really think success has its ups and downs. Share with us and spread the word.
Hi, my name is Ikechi Awazie and this blog will give you personal development tips that will make a difference in your life. There is no benefit in playing small. Eventually you will come to realize this fact as you learn about people who inspire their generation to greatness. You can add me on on Twitter and Google+. Don’t forget to sign up in order to get updates every week as well as The Complete Guide To Success Consciousness.